Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bible Catena Project

I have started a new project of putting together Bible commentaries. These are catenas, that is, Bible commentaries that are made up of citations from the Church Fathers and Doctors of the Church and woven together to form a verse by verse commentary on the books of the Bible. I've done similar projects in the past, but now I am focused on making them more of running commentaries and not so much as separate excerpts like I did in the past, but to be much like the way St. Thomas did in his Catena Aurea. I have begun working on Acts and have gotten to chapter 5, but I have put it on hold until I get another commentary from Ishodad of Merv to use, it is coming in the mail and should be in in a couple of weeks or so. I am now working on Jonah and hope to have it finished by the time the Ishodad's commentary comes in.

The project has just gotten underway a month ago, but I am providing everything that I do online. The site is found here

No comments:

Post a Comment